Will You Survive Graduation?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will You Survive Graduation?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Information
Resources
Admin
Census
Fae: 13
Humans:
Vampires:
Werewolves:
Witches/Wizards:
Citizens:
Students:
School Staff:
Males:
Females:
Forum Quick Links
Affiliates
Dancing through the storm Affi redcarpet&&rebellion. Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites New Born Muse RPGfix The Shoebox RP Temple!

Glitter Web Directory RPGCollection

PFT aff
Credits
Written Content by Ash
Graphics by Sally and Ash
Coding by Ash

Dancing through the storm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mason Whitlock
Freshman
Mason Whitlock

Full Name : Mason William Whitlock
Race : Wizard

Dancing through the storm Empty
PostSubject: Dancing through the storm   Dancing through the storm I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:48 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Another typical North Carolina overcast day found Mason working hard on his assignments, as he wanted to try and beat the incoming rain to enjoy some of the unique places around the campus with his free time, seeing how he didn't have hockey practice this afternoon after classes. Sitting in a small corner table with one earbud in his right ear, and mp3 player on low, the boy mumbled lowly to himself as he kept one eye on his assignment and other on the overcast skies through the large window before him.

"Stupid equations..." Mason thought to himself as he hurriedly worked his way through his pre-calculus assignment. Math subjects were probably his least favorite due to all the boring numbers that didn't apply to much of anything, despite that however, he always seemed to receive above average marks in the class. "Man, this little storm is moving quickly..." He groaned to himself, running a hand through his hair before completing an equation.

A quick glance about the huge room revealed a few scattered students about, along with the usual librarian replacing the returned books back to their proper shelves. Letting out a small sigh, he turned his MP3 player up a click and nodded his head as an AC/DC song came on, which brought a smile to his face as he looked back down at his work, even lightly tapping his pencil to the rhythm of the song.

Quickly realising where he was and that he shouldn't be making any noise, Mason lowered himself in his seat a bit and chuckled to himself. "I'm in the library for crying out loud, I can't be doing that!! I probably look like an idiot now..." He thought to himself as he shook his head and began tackling his last question, a small rumble of thunder ringing from a distance away outside.

Mason sighed lowly and began to wonder when he'd actually see a good weather day on campus, not that he would outwardly complain. But now instead of having to worry about finishing up his homework before the rain, he wondered how many people had actually seen his little "drum solo" and now thought he was an idiot for it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dancing through the storm   Dancing through the storm I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 3:31 am

Schoolwork. Was. Boring. Kat had come to the school hoping to learn more about the events of the world that she'd missed over the past couple hundred years. Not to write papers on subjects she didn't give a damn about. She didn't care that some famous pilot was the first person to fly a bloody airplane from New York to Paris. She could do that without an airplane if she wanted to. Well, okay, she cared a little bit but really, she didn't want to write a paper on the guy. He'd flown an airplane and had his kid taken and killed. That was NOT a subject she wanted to write much of anything about. And yet here she was, pouring over books and making notes. The first rumble of thunder drew her attention away from her notes and she glanced out the window at the overcast sky. She didn't mind the rain, really, but people tended to look at her strangely when she said she'd rather be outside in a storm than cooped up indoors. Non-dragons just didn't have the same appreciation for Mother Nature's fury as dragons did.

Returning her attention indoors, Kat tried to focus back on the page she'd been reading but found her attention drifting to the soft sounds other people were making. And odd 'tap, tapping' sound caught her attention and she glanced up in time to see a boy she didn't recognize tapping his pencil on the table. She smirked as he seemed to realize he was making noise and stopped, shifting in his chair like he was embarrassed. He seemed almost as bored as she was and so she packed away her notes and the books she'd be taking with her and approached his table, dropping down into the chair across from him and peering at his paper. "Ugh, math huh? Sucks but it's got to be better than history right?" She questioned, flashing him a small smile and acting as if she was just any other student stuck in the library on a rainy day. "I'm Katarina. Would you care to save me from the mind-numbing boredom of my history report?" She questioned, smiling sweetly though she couldn't stop from glancing out the window when another roll of thunder rumbled outside.
Back to top Go down
Mason Whitlock
Freshman
Mason Whitlock

PostSubject: Re: Dancing through the storm   Dancing through the storm I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:01 am

Just about halfway through his progress on his very last Math equation, Mason sighed lowly in relief as he slowly looked about the library to see if anyone happened to be glancing at him strangely or poking fun at him and smiled to himself as he didn't see any outstanding signs that would suggest anything like that. Taking another glance out the window, Mason spotted the first small flash of lightning, which put a small grin on his face.

But, something happened that turned his grin of pure joy to a small, nervous grin. As the female took a seat across from him, Mason chuckled lowly and kept his cheesy, nervous smile. "Oh well, I definitely could and would trade subjects, I hate math, but at least I'm almost done with it." He said with a nod. "Its nice to meet you Katarina, I'm Mason, and I'll be happy to help, but what exactly do you have in mind to fight this boredom?" He asked, smiling brightly as a slightly louder round of thunder rumbled outside.

Mason quickly closed up his Pre-Calculus book, placing his assignment inside the correct page as he put the heavy book into his backpack, his glance quickly shifting back to Katarina. "Hopefully you weren't planning anything outside, Mother Nature isn't in the best of moods at the moment." He said lowly, crossing his arms as he watched the branches outside sway slowly as the breeze picked up slightly. "I wonder why she decided to talk to me, this seems a bit weird...but I'm not passing on talking to a woman..." Mason thought to himself, smiling lightly.
Back to top Go down
Kythen Lyaer
Senior
Kythen Lyaer

Full Name : Kythen Joshua Lyaer
Race : Werewolf

PostSubject: Re: Dancing through the storm   Dancing through the storm I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Kat chuckled herself at his response and shrugged. "I'm not a fan of either subject to be honest. I'm more....hmm...hands on? I prefer to experience things than just stare at a book and read about them." Of course, she'd missed a bit of history which was why she'd taken the class but it would be infinitely more fun to pile all the history books she could find together, set them on fire and toss her professor on a spit over the flames. Not that she'd ever actually eat a person but it was fun to imagine ways to roast them up. She'd be far more likely to just take the guy on a long flight and dump him somewhere in the middle of a desert or the ocean. "Nice to meet you Mason. And you can call me Kat, everyone does. Just don't call me Kitty or Kitten." She gave a disdainful sniff at the two nicknames and noticed his smile as the thunder grew louder. And he was willing to....do something so that she wasn't bored. What they could possibly do she didn't quite know yet but she'd think of something.

When he mentioned Mother Nature, it gave her an idea and she gave him a teasing smile. "Oh come on, you can't tell me you've never wanted to just run outside and dance in the rain. It's actually rather fun and people look at you like you're crazy." She gave him a fuller smile and glanced out the window again, contemplating her next move. He seemed interested enough in abandoning his homework to hang out with a complete stranger so maybe he'd be willing to act like an idiot for a bit too? "Tell you what, let's do that. I don't mind acting a little crazy once in awhile. And it's fun to make people wonder about your sanity. So let's go play in the rain. What do you say?" She questioned with a wave toward the window and the relatively empty expanse of the campus they could see from their seats in the library.
Back to top Go down
Mason Whitlock
Freshman
Mason Whitlock

PostSubject: Re: Dancing through the storm   Dancing through the storm I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Mason laughed lowly as Katarina explained that she was someone that preferred learning things with hands on experience, which was definitely more interesting that being cooped up in a stuffy classroom reading theories and laws from a book. "You have a good point, I'm a visual learner myself, but sometimes the only way to learn something is from one of those boring small print books..." He said with a small grin. Mason was still sitting in wonder about why the female made her way over, but sometimes boredom makes people do strange things, with an almost complete stranger in this situation.

"Trust me, I wouldn't call anyone Kitty or Kitten, I think that would be way too embarrassing." Mason said with a smirk. Continuing to glance at Kat, Mason ran a hand through his blond hair and tilted his head slightly, not sure what to think and simply wondering what the girl was thinking about asking him to do on a rainy afternoon.

Looking back with just about the same type of grin, Mason nodded and crossed his arms. "Don't tempt me, I've done it quite a few times before, its one of the more fun things to do in life." He said with a snicker. It was true, Mason loved running about through the rain, except when it was a truly severe storm, which in that case, he'd take his appropriate cover, but seeing how the storm incoming was nothing more than a garden variety thunderstorm, Katarina's suggestion wasn't sounding too bad, which was a complete 180 from 15 minutes ago.

"Oh please, you think I'm that worried about people staring at me like I'm crazy? I just did a drum solo on the table." Mason said with a laugh. In reality, he was a bit worried about what people thought of him, but not enough to stop him from running outside. "You know what? I'm in Katarina, acting crazy once in a while is perfectly alright, and I haven't played in the rain for a long time." He said, quickly standing up from his seat, grabbing his backpack and tying his rollerblades together before throwing them over his neck, more than willing to participate in a random rainstorm frolic.

"What are we waiting for then?" Mason asked, chuckling lowly as he motioned to the exit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dancing through the storm   Dancing through the storm I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:59 pm

"If I told you what I'd like to do with books within earshot of the librarian we'd probably both be banned for life." She told him and laughed lightly. "But I already know a lot of the stuff they're trying to make me learn from books. I don't want to learn about things I'm already aware of. It's no fun." She pouted, cutely and proceeded to ruin her cute pout by giggling at herself. She hadn't come here to have fun, she'd come here to learn what she'd missed and how to reintegrate better into society. Thus far, her history class had not proved useful nor interesting. Maybe she could drop it and pick up something more interesting. "It's not embarrassing, I just don't like the idea of being called either of those names by every random person I meet." Though if she found someone that she was willing to get close to, she might consider it. Maybe.

And boy was this kid a guy after her own heart. He seemed to enjoy storms as much as she did. Though probably for different reasons than she liked them. But hey, maybe they could be friends. He was cute, a bit awkward, funny and they had at least one thing in common. It was a start. "I saw that little drum solo of yours. And for the record, I thought it was cute, not crazy. People do stuff like that all the time." She'd seen people do far worse than Mason had, jamming out to music no one else could hear and making fools of themselves. Her smile brightened when he agreed to her idea and she stood, grabbing up her bag while she waited for him to get ready. "You're the one being a slowpoke, Mason. C'mon, the rain's waiting!" She told him, grabbing his hand and heading for the door. "We can drop our bags by the door so our stuff doesn't get soaked. As fun as it would be to ruin our homework, I'm not looking forward to redoing what I've got done already." She told him, doing exactly that when they reached the doors and she released Mason so he could put his stuff where he wanted and she headed outside. Upon reaching the rain-soaked sidewalk and spinning around in a circle, with her face turned up to the sky.
Back to top Go down
Mason Whitlock
Freshman
Mason Whitlock

PostSubject: Re: Dancing through the storm   Dancing through the storm I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:05 am

Mason simply shook his head and snickered to himself as he could only imagine the terrible and nasty fates that books would suffer if the female had her way. "I'll make sure none of my books offend you in any way then..." He added with a small smirk of his own, nodding slightly as he listened to Katarina explain that she already knew a good part of she was being taught already. "I hate classes that I have to sit through where I already know the lesson being taught, its annoying and plain boring, I usually just sleep through on those days..." Mason muttered, smiling brightly at her small pout, and laughing to himself as she giggled. "But you know, if you really don't like a certain class and know a lot about it, you could drop it and add a new class before the deadline, it beats being bored out of your mind everyday in a classroom, listening to the professor preach to the choir." He said with a low chuckle.

"Ahh, not one for the random term of endearment?" Mason asked as Katarina explained the reasoning of not liking the funny twists on her name. "I don't blame you, I don't think I'd want strangers calling me by a "unique" nickname like that either." He said, holding back a small chuckle as he placed his hand over his mouth.

Mason cleared his throat and shook his head as he looked the girl over with a curious glance, eyebrow perked slightly as he wondered why Katarina insisted in running about through the rain, not that he was going to complain. The boy just hoped they could at least be friends, considering that it wasn't everyday a random person came up to you and asked to run in a storm. especially a beautiful girl. "Oh uhh well...uhh...thanks?" He said, questioningly, blushing slightly as Katarina mentioned that he was cute for drumming on the table.

"Ha!! I'm not holding us up..." Mason said with a grin, as he looked up from tossing his backpack on and rollerblades over his neck. Before he could say anything else clever however, Katarina grabbed his hand and pulled him along to the door. "A-Alright, the last thing I need is soaked Calculus work..." He muttered, quickly tossing his gear at the door before he emerged from the building, out into the blustery winds and moderate rain.

"WHOO!!!" The boy cried out, laughing loudly as he threw his hands up and ran about in the cool rain. "I love it!!" Mason called out, chuckling loudly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing through the storm   Dancing through the storm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dancing through the storm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Will You Survive Graduation? :: Advertising & Archives :: Threads-
Jump to: